Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 9: Villanelle

Our neighbor's rainbow windsock is filled with air
and pointing straight down the canal. So, the breeze
is from the north, today, crisp and fresh and fair.

It makes waves on the canal and tickles my hair.
I pull my robe down to cover my knees.
Our neighbor's rainbow windsock is filled with air

or, rather, a message, a hug, a smile, a prayer,
a bouquet of love from friends to help ease.
The wind is from the north, crisp and fresh and fair.

I could sit here all morning in this chair
capturing the invisible as it dances in the trees.
Our neighbor's windsock is filled with air

and I'm filled with words sparkling like the glare
of sun on ripples. They slide out my fingers and freeze
the love from up north, crisp and fresh and fair,

on this iPad screen. We'll be heading there
soon to feel it in person. In the meantime, I seize
comfort from our neighbor's windsock filled with air
and all the memories so crisp, so fresh, so fair.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your poems every day and enjoy them all.

Anne

Linda's Poems