Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 30 National Poetry Month 2015

rain, chalk, bicycle from Anne
------------------

Someone took a piece of chalk,
held it sideways, and smeared
the sky with it it.  Back and forth.

Back and forth on this last day
of the month, filling the emptiness
with shades and streaks of white.

I've been sitting here writing for thirty
mornings while memories pounded like rain
and rode a bicycle into my brain coasting

through the valleys of childhood
and the peaks of today.  I packed
old friends, family, regrets, and loves

into my saddlebags and took them along
for the ride.  For me, it was all about
pedaling and feeling the wind fill my

cheeks, my chest, my being with freshness.
Round and round my feet went.  I had
a wonderful ride.  I hope you did, too.

1 comment:

David James said...

Apna Showroom Baby Skirt Frock Dress for 6-12 Months - 1 Year Dress skirts frock girls Black
ApnaShowroom Men's Women's Metal Hair Bands Black Combo set of 5 hairband Unisex
Apna Showroom Men's and Women's Metal Hair Bands (Black) Combo set of 5 (zigzag_hair_band Metal
Apna Showroom Women's Nylon Underskirt Pantyhose Stockings for women or girls free size black stockings
Metal hairband for men women girls hair band Black hair bands for women black hairband men boys black metal hairband plastic hair band for women black hairbands for girls boys apna showroom
black stockings for women or girls pantyhose stockings for women girls female skin beige stockings for women ladies stockings apna showroom

Linda's Poems