Friday, April 3, 2015

Day 3 National Poetry Month 2015


bride, dance, beach

April 3, 1948

The air this morning is filled with the brightness
of bird songs, each note a different instrument.
The sky an even blue, a bride's blue, an auspicious sky.

I can't tell if my mom was wearing something blue
in this pictures but I have a feeling she was. And,
even though she woke up to rain on the day

she married my father, she was okay with that
since it foretold happiness.  I love their little
smiles of anticipation. Oh, sure, the photographer

asked for them, but, the realness is there in the curve
of her hand through his arm and how her shoulder
nestles next to his.  See how the satiny material

of her dress waterfalls like a wave onto the beach
of the future. This is the innocence before the dance of life,
before the orchestra of work and children and paying

bills, of squabbles and making up.  Can you hear
the symphony of love in their pose?  The tune
of their laughter is the soundtrack of my childhood.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are here again !

Linda's Poems