Wednesday, January 23, 2008

3WW

breath, scattered, tomorrow

For Three Word Wednesday January 23, 2008
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tuesday
after school
I was in Rite-aid.

Freshly
colored curls
scattered around my face.

Tall, black
leather boots,
skirt just above my knees.

My son
called me to
talk about the weekend.

I leaned
against a pole
near the end of an aisle.

I saw
a student
from my tenth grade class.

He walked
by, said hi
and checked me out.

Today,
he said I
looked "hot" in my skirt

and boots.
My breath caught
and I had to laugh.

I’ll be
fifty-nine
in six more tomorrows,

13 comments:

paisley said...

so evidently it is true that age is just a number... how wonderful... i am only 46 and as invisible as the day is long.... bravo linda,, keep it up!!!!!

Tammy Brierly said...

I'm glad you let us know about this because it reminds us you can be hot at any age. Happy birthday in 6 days!

Where's my black boots? lol

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

rock it on hot sister!!!!

is the smile still plastered on your face or is it tucked in the corners creeping out slowly??? :))))))

Christine Gail said...

What a great boost to your ego, you're only as young or as hot as you feel. Keep feeling that good about yourself:)

TC said...

Congrats to you! :)

Tumblewords: said...

LOL, Cute poem! Love it!

UL said...

happy birthday Linda...! young at heart, young forever..isnt that waht they say? very good one thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I can relate. Doesn't it feel good?

:D

Anonymous said...

Congrats five days early now :)

Isn't it amazing that things people say--that once we would have hated them for--or yelled--or just sulked over being complimented feel so great now?

I really enjoyed the poem and the confidence you showed in your appearance

little wing writer said...

beautiful..the style and flow...in six more tomorrows...congrats!!!

Carlos said...

I enjoyed that very much.

And thanks for dropping by my 3WW. I was with my mother when she died in 2004, and that little snippet of mine was a small reflection of that experience.

Regina said...

does your husband know? just kidding, nothing wrong with growing into yourself at any age, you little vamp! ha ha
Happy Birthday friend!

Anonymous said...

Cool poem.....cool you!

Linda's Poems