Sunday, November 11, 2007

Three Word Wednesday: Today I Carried

This is my first post for 3WW. I just recently discovered blogging and the wonderful poets in poetry blog world. I'm having a blast visiting all the cool and inspirational sites.



One thing I haven't quite figured out how to do is leave a link to a certain poem in my blog. I've been studying others and think I have it and will try with this one. I did not know how to do it when I left the link for my Totally Optional Prompt poem this week. So, if you are looking for that one, please just scroll down a bit and you'll find it.



----------------------------------------------------------



3 Word Wednesday Words for November 7, 2007

compensation modern radio

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today I carried
a pile of laundry
downstairs
into the cellar

sorted it by colors
then did three loads.

I washed the hardwood
floor in the living room
and vacuumed,

cleaned the bathroom
(my favorite chore!)

all in the static
of Saturday morning.

Then the phone rang
and my daughter’s voice
turned the radio
of my day
into music.

Her pure liquid
notes sang modern
tunes in my antiquated
ears.

And then as if in compensation
for those hours of toil,
she asked me to baby sit
tomorrow.

I sang along
with the Bare Naked Ladies'
“If I Had a Million Dollars”
as I folded
warm clothes
in the rich afternoon.

2 comments:

TC said...

Don't worry about getting the link to show up highlighted, just make sure it's all there. This link didn't actually work, so I followed your profile to get to your poem. A lot of people either give the url or highlight, so it's not a big deal.

Welcome to 3WW! :)

I like the idea of turning what you normally do as chores into something more beautiful sounding. Hope you enjoyed babysitting!

Linda Jacobs said...

Darn! I'll keep studying others' and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for reading my poem and commenting!

Babysitting this afternoon. Can't wait!

Linda's Poems