Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Few Words About Books

I added that shelf thing and am not sure I'm going to keep it. I've noticed it on other sites and am always interested in what others are reading so thought i'd try it for awhile.

I'm in the middle of Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult right now and loving it as I have enjoyed her other books. I read my first Picoult book in the fall and now am hooked. What a great writer!

I just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns and really got into it. I'd heard that it wasn't as good as his first book but I liked it even more! The female perspective really appealed to me. Can't even imagine living like that!

To the Nines will be my next read. I've been working my way through these Stephanie Plum novels, laughing out loud all the way. I have a feeling I'll be needing something light after the serious ones I've been reading.

Besides the books shown here, I am also in the middle of a poetry collection by Jim Daniels called In Line for the Executioner. I like his casual style and down-to-earth subjects.

I just received a scrapbooking book I ordered a couple months ago from Amazon.com called Scraptastic! by Ashley Calder. She's so creative and inspires me to try new techniques.

These last two books were not available for my bookshelf. I guess they don't have everything.

1 comment:

paisley said...

i have wondered about including this option on one of my blogs.... but i just feel very private in a way about the "worlds i am living in" .. maybe i don't want to share my influences....


hey,,,, merry christmas,,, by the way.....

Linda's Poems