Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tardiness for TOP

I don't know about you but I've been dry, dry, dry since the April poem marathon!


Tardiness
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I sat down to write a poem
then popped up to turn
the dishwasher on, instead.

I came back to the computer
then remembered that I wanted
to paint a journal page.

Afterwards, I poised my fingers
over the keyboard
and typed, “Tardiness”

then made the broken line
underneath. A ding
alerted me to new email

that I just had to check
right away. I noticed
that the ivy was drooping

so got up, again, this time
to water the plants. Finally,
here I am writing this non poem.

11 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Laughing. A life in the day of a writer. I didn't do poemaday this year. Generally write each day - but words have gone underground now. Nice non-poem!

Wayne Pitchko said...

Nice one...."non poem" hmmm me thinks all of mine are "non" poems

Wayne Pitchko said...

Linda...Im also "non" computer guy...cud you please help me?...how the heck do I get the read write"badge" on my blog...and how do I hyperlink? Thanks

Jeeves said...

Hahaha. This is nice. BTW, I simply love ur profile pic

anthonynorth said...

The poet's life disclosed. Enjoyable.

Andy Sewina said...

Love your interrpretation of a non-poem! here's mine: me po-non!

Erin Davis said...

Love the link to "Linda's Stuff." This is a perfect poem for me to read this week because I have been suffering from writer's block and procrastination!

Finding the Happy said...

How liberting...to write a poem about not writing a poem! Now why didn't I think of that?

Nicely done.

gautami tripathy said...

I did not sign up anywhere for napowrimo. But I did write one poem a day. I think Andy inspired me in a way.

You know I like non-poems, unpoems, poemettes, and half-a-poems!

irenet said...

haha, how do we eke out a poem, I like your non poem lots. I think prompts help and I'm going to try yours, thanks so much for leading.

paisley said...

we are the poets without words kind of like the island of broken toys.....

Linda's Poems