Thursday, October 16, 2008

Collaborative for ReadWrtiePoem

This doesn't make much sense but I had fun adding punctuation and trying to make it work. I did have to add a couple of endings to two of the words at the end just because the originals didn't fit at all. (in brackets)


Tatterdemalion
slink across chrome alleys.
Villas
deplete memories
of sacred tablature.
Antiquated courtyards
host tribal artifacts
which nobody recognizes.
Nowadays
remain untouched.

Yet, civil guards scream
obscenities.
Lost meditation resurfaces.
I, brilliant though forgettable.
Words, tenuous, ly[ing] scavenge[rs],
J
E
T
T
I
S
O
N
.

5 comments:

Ana said...

I like it... in the end if you read vertical it looks like (I jettison...)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well done and I like the Jettison being jettisoned at the end!

Anonymous said...

I like the visual effect. Reads well too!

Rob Kistner said...

this is very interesting Linda, and inventive... ;)

Anonymous said...

There's no "right way" Linda. What you've done is wonderful and probably very difficult, I would imagine. You really make this work.

Linda's Poems