Wednesday, January 19, 2011

3WW: descent, kill, surreal

My feet were killing me
in those white high heels.

The descent seemed too steep
and perilous for my inexperienced

feet. But I held onto the railing
took a deep breath, and started down

while you waited with the minister
in the living room, a confident smile

on your face, the sun flaring over you
creating a surreal atmosphere.

Blinded, I tripped on the last step;
you rushed over, picked me up,

straightened my tiny veil,
and carried me into the brightness.

11 comments:

Nanka said...

Wow what an entry down the aisle!!

shail said...

That was heartwarming a picture evoked by your words :)

Unknown said...

What a happy, lovely surprising post. Thanks for lightening things up a bit today. Needed it! Here's my 3WW contribution. You'll see it is not nearly as upbeat!http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/01/19/in-my-tucson/

Sheilagh Lee said...

Sheilagh Lee said:Truly beautiful.Left me tear up

ms pie said...

oh linda that is so lovely...

Anya Padyam said...

Oh! Wow! that is beautiful! didn't realize at the start

that is lovely... here come's the bride!

Ren said...

Oh I could so picture that lol
Well done :)

Lilibeth said...

What a happy twist to these ominous words. I love the brightness.

Daily Panic said...

very interesting use of the words. at first it felt a little dreaded, and the end was a surprise.

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

beautiful, really.

Jae Rose said...

How beautiful to have someone to carry you into the brightness - whether you trip on your heels or not! Jae

Linda's Poems