Sunday, July 21, 2013

Wander for Sunday Scribblings

Tuesday June 7, 2011

I Carried It in My Pocket

We'd been fighting
tossing words back
and forth
at each other.

Did you ever notice
if you add an S
to "words," it turns
into swords?

Anyway, we were
tossing swords
at each other
when I couldn't

take it anymore
so went out
for a walk
in the woods.

The sun was minting
little golden coins
on the ground.
I picked one up,

put it in my pocket,
and wandered back home.
He looked up at my smile
when I walked in,

put his arrow back
in its quiver. I took that bit
of sun out and we sat
holding hands in its glow.



2 comments:

zanzinece said...

Oh that is scrumptious, I love the concept of the sun minting golden coins! And for the beauty of its glow to be used in such a way? So divine : )

Berowne said...

So impressive and beautifully eloquent.

Linda's Poems