Sunday, April 26, 2015

Day 26 National Poetry Month 2015

ripple, rustle, mist from Lucy
----------

I'm sitting in a different chair this morning,
a bar chair high enough so my face is out
of the sun.  The wind from the southwest
is creating rustles in the palms and ripples

on the water.  I should go in and get
my big girl camera and use those sparkles
to catch some bokeh, those atmospheric
background circles you can see on most

television shows.  So I do just that.  I set
the dial to aperture priority, get up close
to a flower, wait for the ding announcing
the focus is ready then click, click, click.

I transfer the photos to my iPad and love
the otherworldliness created from the simple
act of taking a picture.  A tiny bit of magic
happens, like that bubble of happy in my

chest whenever I see my son or my daughter
or my Kylie girl.  I'll be with them in less than
a month, their reality forming from the mist
of many days apart.  So, really, this morning

I was conjuring them while the neighbors
saw only a crazy woman out on the stairs
in her nightie with her nose in flowers taking
pictures.  Little did they know I wasn't alone.




1 comment:

David James said...

Apna Showroom Women's Red Rose Flower Hair Clip/Brooch Vintage (Large 5 color rose)-| hair pins for women/men stylish girls
Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Lice nit removal Combs for Women and men kids (Multicolour zxop-10-kly)
New Born Baby Sweaters 0-3 Months Woolen Vest Set Boys or Girls with desent Look - Apna_Showroom
Apna Showroom Baby Girl's Frock (apsw_Baby_products_373_Red_12-18 Months)
Hair rose pin brooch for men women bridal office rose hair flower batch for school hair brooch flower hospital school party rose brooch juda hair rose red saree brooch pin clips for women apna showroom
cotton dress for baby girls 0 6 12 months 1 years fancy black pink cotton dress frock costume skirts for baby girls baby dress 1 year girls dress stylish colorful and bright nature apna showroom

Linda's Poems