Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 20 National Poetry Month 2015

arms, eyes, & tears from Sherrie
---------------

It's a reverse sunrise this morning,
poking its nose around
the trees, blinding my eyes for a second,
then letting the gray mouth

of the clouds devour it.  Some days
are like that, huge monsters
that eat us up, that suck all the life
out of us, then burp.

I'm trying to get Erin's arms into her
jacket but she's too sleepy
to help.  Nathan is teasing her.
If we don't leave now

I'll be late for school.  On the way
to the babysitter's I speed
through a puddle that splashes on the clean
suit of a man walking to his car.

I should stop, apologize, offer to pay
for his dry cleaning but, if
I do, my classroom will be filled with kids
and I won't be there.  So I don't.

All day I feel terrible.  I bark at students;
my voice has that edge
only regret can produce.  I'm mad at myself
so I yell at them, instead.

And, that's how the beast thrives,
how he rubs his tummy
with satisfaction, chomping on the tears
of others, consuming their sunshine.

1 comment:

David James said...

Apna Showroom Women's Cotton Panty (Multicolour, 90cm) - Pack of 12 Pieceswith desent Look
Apna Showroom Baby Boy's and Girl's Night Suit for 6-12 Months Combo Set (Pair of 2_Baby_Products_)
Apna Showroom Baby Boy's Night Suit for 12 to 18 Months (apsw_Baby_Products_ Multi-Colored)
Apna Showroom Women's Cotton Panty (Multicolour, 90cm) - Pack of 12 Pieceswith desent Look
ladies cotton panties panty bridal kachhi kachi chaddi 80 90 32 28 30 panty female woman pack of 12 women girls panties daily use
Baby cotton night suit for baby boys or girls new born white colorful bacho night suits for daily use night wear rat k bacho ka suitcotton apna showroom

Linda's Poems