1 cup milk
5 tbls. flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbls. vanilla
1 cup shortening
1. Cook milk and flour over medium heat until it forms a ball and then cool.
2. In a bowl put sugar, vanilla, and shortening. Mix
3. Add to cooked mixture. Cool.
½ cup cocoa
½ cup hot water
½ cup sour milk
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 ¾ cups flour
¼ tsp. salt
1. Mix cocoa and hot water together.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
3. Spoon onto a greased baking sheet in desired size.
4. Cook for 12 minutes at 350˚.
5. Cool before filling
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nancy was the middle child
always second best,
bursting at the seams, and wild.
Late for supper, full of guile,
feeling like a guest
even though she was our middle child.
My father’d sit at the table, riled,
“Do you have to be such a pest?
Why are you so wild?”
Nancy just sat there and smiled.
“Why can’t you be like the rest?”
She replied, “Because I’m the middle child.”
And there sat the whoopie pies piled
on a plate with the filling pressed
between the layers, bursting and wild.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
ReadWritePoem Monthly Challenge: 5 on 1: Day 3