Thursday, November 25, 2010

Big Tent Poetry: Wordle

Here are the words we are challenged to use.  I managed just a few.



My husband is awake.
I can hear the water running
in the bathroom

and the radio blaring.
I might have time
to write this poem.

I'm sitting in the lush,
early morning sun
as it is forklifted

from behind the mountain
on this our last Thanksgiving
in the cold north.

Soon I'll cook apple maple
chicken sausage, poached eggs,
and toast 7 grain sprouted-

wheat Ezekiel bread. I'll
smother it all with hollandaise
sauce. We'll sit cupped

in the palm of this day. I
hear footsteps on the stairs
and my poem is done.

11 comments:

Rallentanda said...

Beautiful poem Linda. Lashings of hollandaise sauce on bread is an appealing image.

Robin said...

Just lovely. A sensory feast. And snatching just a few moments for a poem--a scene busy poets everywhere know well.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to start the day.

gautami tripathy said...

A pleasure to read this..

marked

barbara said...

I like this glimpse into another writer's day. Like that cascade you wrote at school, a snatched moment before the dam bursts.
You are so good at snapping scenes. and food. You do a number on food.

flaubert said...

Beautiful way to start your day.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Lovely sensory descriptions, Linda. Brought me right into your world for a few moments.

http://liv2write2day.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/big-tent-poetry-the-gospel-according-to-st-john/

Tumblewords: said...

Delicious. Love 'cupped in the palm of this day' -

ms pie said...

my mouth is watering... love the story poetry... just enough time, yes.. "...forklifted over the mountains.." awesome... voodoo child

Tilly Bud said...

Sumptuous poem! My mouth is watering. I love the idea of the sun being forklifted.

Deb said...

Wonderful way to weave the words. Terrific scene!

Linda's Poems