Tuesday, April 28, 2009

NaPoWriMo Day 28: Red

He’s been working
on his new motorcycle
in the cellar
for months, now.

This one started
as old Harley parts
that were just begging
to be assembled.

And that’s what
he’s been doing
one puzzle piece
at a time,

sanding and bending
and swearing
and slowly
it began

to look like
a real motorcycle,
a 1952 panhead.
A couple days ago

I asked him
to help me
fix my Xyron
sticker machine.

He examined it,
got a perplexed look
on his face,
said he was sorry,

and gave it back to me.
Then he went outside,
got his tools out and adjusted
the points on his bike.

4 comments:

Erin Davis said...

Wonderful! The ending takes a turn and says so much.

Wayne Pitchko said...

wow...ya nice ending for sure.....wow...n ice bike too

SweetTalkingGuy.. said...

Sorry about the Xyron sticker, but I love the bike!

Anonymous said...

The big "G's" bike is "boss"!

Linda's Poems